Produce Account Manager
We are seeking an outgoing, friendly, and service-oriented Produce Account Manager to join our sourcing team in the Rio Grande Valley area. In this role, the representative will work directly with prospects, including growers, packers and importers to source produce for the Food Banks in Texas and surrounding states. They will also provide customer service, establish beneficial relationships, and continue to grow the produce-supplier base. The person who joins our team will work alongside another professional in the area that specializes in Produce inspections and has some great relationships established already.
Produce Account Manager Duties
· Manage supplier base through frequent communications and excellent service
· Target prospects and conduct cold calls in order to continuously grow the supplier base
· Coordinate and deliver presentations to prospective customers
· Identify new opportunities for business development
· Attend regional association meetings and events to build and strengthen relationships
· Work with all established accounts to date
· Answer questions and provide high-quality service to existing and prospective customers
· Forge successful professional relationships with existing and prospective customers
· Provide customer-related insights and data to relevant teams and staff members
Produce Account Manager Requirements and Qualifications
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 2+ years of experience in a sales role, produce experience a +
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships
· Outgoing attitude with a passion for top-notch customer service
· Keen attention to detail with the ability to maintain accurate customer records
· Experience negotiating and solving problems
· Time management skills with the ability to juggle numerous deadlines at one time
· Ability to thrive under tight deadlines and challenging goals
· Computer literate with excellent phone manners
· Possess a current UD Driver’s License and a functioning motor vehicle at all times during employment
Additional Requirements with or Without Reasonable Accommodation
· Ability to speak both English and Spanish
· Ability to walk, sit, stand, kneel, push, stop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry 50 lbs, perceive depth, and operate a motor vehicle
· Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing essential tasks including computer and related equipment, typing, calculating, copier, good telephone skills, and dependable transportation.
· Salary commensurate with education and experience. Competitive benefits program, including 403B, and health benefits after full 30 days.
To apply, please send a resume with a cover letter with “Produce Account Manager” in the subject line to Simonp@cfproduce.org
We are an exciting start-up company devoted to feeding the hungry with healthy produce. We acquire produce from various sources at favorable prices and pass the cost on to our food bank customers. We are applying advanced supply chain technology and sourcing methods to this task to maximize our results.
We are now building our Finance function from the ground floor. We are looking for a reliable and precise professional to help us properly maintain our accounts payable and accounts receivable information. On the payables side, this includes matching produce receipts & related transportation charges to purchase orders and vendors invoices as well as setting them up for payment. On the receivables side, this includes billing our customers and tracking payment for invoices. This also includes working with vendors and customers on any related issues. The Accounting Specialist will utilize both our operations software (Fusionware) and our accounting software (Quick Books). We are seeking an experienced candidate who can help us build a solid accounting function.
Qualifications & Skills
Additional Skills that would be helpful
To apply, please send a resume with a cover letter with “Accounting Specialist” in the subject line to Jimf@cfproduce.org